Work being done includes:
- Kaloleni Pumping station: Construction and fitting of generator room at Kaloleni Pumping station.
- Disconnection of existing rising main pipeline from existing, 150m3 tank, realigning and reconnecting the rising main to act as a return distribution.
- Kasarani Tank Compound: Construction of 250m³ tank at Kasarani.
- Supply & installation of pipework, fittings and chambers including making connections to existing pipework at Kasarani tank compound.
- Construction of a compacted murram parking space at Kasarani Tank Compound.
- Fencing around Kasarani Tank Compound and erection of a steel gate.
- Majengo Tank Compound: Construction of 250 m³ tank
- Supply & installation of pipework, fittings and chambers including making connections to existing pipework at Majengo tank compound
The projects are currently ongoing and nearing completion. They are carried out by the County Government in partnership with the Kenya Red Cross Society. Once complete, it will enhance food production, improve farming activities and ensure that the residents have access to clean water for domestic use.
It will inevitably move locals away from over reliance on rain water.